NUFFNANG ADS

My Lunch Revealed: Sliced Chicken Provencale

Here's the recipe of what I cooked for lunch -- SLICED CHICKEN PROVENCALE. No worries, cooking it is not as complicated as its name! :-)



Serves 1
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 120 g chicken cutlets (preferably breast)
  • 1 pc onion, sliced
  • 1 cup peeled tomatoes in juice, diced (I use 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes)
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 1/4 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/4 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • cooking oil
I suggest you add the following to make it a healthier version:
  • 1 small can of green peas

Cooking Procedure:
  1. Cut chicken into regular pieces. (I just cut the breast in half, then slice it a bit on top -- parang pag nag-slice ng hotdog na may slits. Basta yun. I'm sure you get what I mean. Haha!)
  2. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet.
  3. Saute onion until translucent. (I love this smell!!! Ang bango!!!)
  4. Add the chicken, browning them on all sides.
  5. Sprinkle the chicken with paprika, thyme and oregano. (Ako wala nang sukat-sukat, taktak here and there lang.)
  6. Reduce heat, then add diced tomato and a little juice. 
  7. Cook for 5 minutes. 
  8. Add the green peas and cook for 5 more minutes, or until the tomato juice dries a little.
  9. Add salt and pepper after cooking.

Oh, some trivia here. PROVENCALE (pronounced as pro-ven-sal) means cooked, usually in olive oil, with garlic, tomatoes, onions, and herbs. Ayun naman pala! Yun nga naman ang pagkaluto nito! Bongga!

Happy eating! Hugs!







The recipe is part of my diet. YES (pause) I'M ON A DIET! Wahahaha! Will tell you about that on another post. (Not soon, I think, para no expectations. Haha!) :-)
Photo from my collection. Picture-picture bago kainin. Yummm! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis